Friday, June 10, 2011

First Birthday

Today is my Birthday so for First Friday I should naturally talk about my first birthday...but I do not remember that. It must not have been that eventful. I will however talk about my first, and only, surprise party. I have thrown a good amount of parties and many of them surprise parties- I like to think that I am pretty good at it. I am very good at keeping secrets, planning things and influencing people. After many successes I started to wonder if I would ever get a surprise party? With my inquisitive and sluthy nature I did not think that my family and friends could surprise me but will they try?

Well the answer is yes, they did try, for my 17th birthday. Was it a surprise? No, I knew. My mom is not that good at lying-unless she is on the phone. But were their surprise elements? Yes. The first being that we were spending the night at the Holidome (it used to be a local Holiday Inn- a big deal in the day). As we were on our way back from the Findlay Mall (I know, I know it sounds a little too "Outrageous Kid Parties" but my mom always dreamed of going to that mall and spending the night in a hotel and you only turn 17 once) my friend (actually not Cece, Cece is not that stupid) ruined that surprise. I started to mess with my mom about the night ahead because it is funny to see her squirm and she who shall remain nameless just came out with it then tried to cover it up. The other surprise, for dinner and cake we got to have my Dad's favorite choices...which I do not like and was yelled at for voicing that opinion.

Overall I had a lot of fun because the life of the party was there- ME! (oh and of course Cece. Some called us the tandem team...by some I mean one of our teachers who would confuse us in a class of 3 girls when we look nothing alike) We stayed up all night, were loud and the next day the hotel did not call my mom saying I was never allowed back for the rest of my life so, SCORE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well it was no J Whit party :( But then again, there's no use crying over spilt nailpolish.

    ReplyDelete