Friday, July 15, 2011

Top 5: Worst Movies Ever

I did not know what to write about for First Friday, and this has been and will continue to be one very stressful month so instead here are some movies that would make my list of Worst Movies of ALL Time: (Bonus points are given for failure to live up to hype, unexplainable popularity, and lack of dialogue- not quality just lack of)

1. Odelle and Yevette: Journey to the Edge of the World (Correct title is actually "at the edge of the World" but who really cares?)
          Cece and I rented this from the library after very impressive sales pitches on the box that talked of superstars and really hyped up the movie. We later noticed, after wasting all night watching it, that it did not really mention what superstars or making any mention to the plot. That because there was none, of either. There was 1 line in the whole movie. IMDB doesn't even know what to put as the plot line! The only review says "It's hard to describe the film,it's vaguely about two sisters who decide to live in a world of their own making."  Boring. Oh did I mention that there are only about 10 people on the staff of this movie according to IMDB? They obviously spent all their time making two matching swimsuits with a huge flower popping out the front instead of dialogue or any kind of basic story telling.

2. Twilight
           Yep I am a twilight hater and proud of it. WOW, that was bad. I did not think I was going to like it- everything I heard about the story or Meyer's "vampires" led me to believe it was going to be bad, and it exceeded that 2x over! I decided that I eventually needed to watch it since people were going so nuts over it, 1 person I knew liked it, and because Jimmy Fallon  sorry Daniel Radcliffe said that a very bothered Robert looked like a vampire Liberace in the sun. So me and my brother sit down to watch it and...I really cannot describe how horrible I think this movie is. WAY TOO EMO "ACTING". WAAAY TOO MANY and AWKWARD slow-motion effects in every scene. And the sparkling??? Why did they pay for that special effect that I could have done better with some simple body glitter!! SOOOO disappointed with that one. I am not going to even touch the actual story of Twilight...I could write a dissertation on how horrible it is and has no point whatsoever. So I will spare you that here and just say that the movie is HORRIBLE and it is only at #2 because it does not deserve to be the top of any list...ever.

3. 10,000 BC
          Waste of my time...

4. Seasons of the Witch
          Nicky Cage is this short on money?? Really....

5. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band
          With the Bee Gees, Peter Frampton, and a whole slew of quest stars from Steve Martin to Alice Cooper you would think- what could go wrong? This movie does have a narrator to keep you on track with the story- kindof- and it is Robin Gibb's breakout performance but I would still put it in the awesomely bad category. About 30 minuets into this movie I turn to Cece and ask "Has anyone talked yet?" and then our faces turned grim...it is an attempt at an opera. WHAT!?! I do not want to deter anyone from watching this but I suggest a fun and social viewing- you are going to want to laugh with people when they "sell out."

So there are my current top 5- they do change frequently since I cannot always remember some of the horrible movies I have seen...but the top 2 will always stay the same. So what are you top 5 worst movies? (Beware if you list anything with Julie Andrews- I will hunt you down and do things that cannot legally be posted on this public forum)

1 comment:

  1. I'm tellin you, they should have just hit Claire's in 1993 for all that glitter used in Twilight!

    ReplyDelete