Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A couple observations:

Observation 1: I have way more than I need. Take this dress for example. I bought this dress about 4 years ago. It was on sale and so I bought 2 dresses made from the same material (one brown, one black) because they were comfortable and I would get so much use out of them. I wore the brown one thrice now all within the last year and the first time I wore the black was Ash Wednesday (had to take the tag off and everything). Did I really need them?

I also am wearing a lot of things in my closet that do not get a lot of attention or have never been worn before. The best part is I like some of these outfits more than my "go to" ones. It makes me realize how I do not need all the stuff I have and when it comes to clothes (something I am always lusting after) I have more than enough. Just think what I could do with my entire wardrobe by getting a little creative? Have less clothes but better and more fun outfits? Even though my mom would hate it, sounds great to me.

We are moving soon so the challenge I made for myself a few months ago, to cut my overall accumulation of stuff in half, will be put to the test. I said it out loud and even told a few friends- which I immediately regretted. But now with my one dress, it seems not only doable but necessary.

Observation 2: People are not very observant. Most people are thinking about them, or what other people think about them.

This is something I realized a while ago, has been taught in my classes, I have heard talks on it but still surprises me how true it is. Latest example is my dress. I have been wearing the same dress for 14 days now and I do not think my dad has noticed and the people I see every day at work have said nothing. My mom has noticed because I told her I was doing it- she thought I was crazy- and she hates most of my outfits. (I have a surprise for her-pictures will be coming)

At church I was used as an example and people kept coming up to me saying they had not noticed. However the person most surprised- my brother. Saw him everyday. Mentioned stuff around him. Had him take pictures of my outfits, which he had no clue why. Yes he is a guy, but still it is funny. We are always focus on ourselves, which makes sense because it is our default setting but I hope I would notice.


~Angela

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the pics! Way to go Ang!

    ReplyDelete