Monday, June 06, 2011

Music Monday: Best Backup Singers Ever

So last Thursday I got to go see Raphael Saadiq Live in Detroit thanks to my awesome friend Jessie. It may have taken us a while to get in (doors supposed to open at 7, did not open until after 8) and my feet may have been killing me because of the 3 hours of standing before the start of the show and a poor shoe choice but it was a pretty great show. I told my brother, he obviously went to the Prince school of performing because he knew how to let a song ride and how to play perfectly to the crowd. He performed my favorite songs, some revamped versions of older stuff, and even a Tony! Toni! Tone! hit to the pleasure of those surrounding us. We met some nice people next to us in the front row and got to enjoy the best backup singers I have ever seen. They danced, they sang, they performed. As I mentioned we were in the front row, a mere 3 feet from the stage in between the massive speakers- so a little hard to hear anything but the vibrations from the speakers- but still sounded good. Which means if we were back about 20 feet it would have sounded amazing.

Overall a great show- I would highly recommend it.

Here are some good new releases for tomorrow: Sondre Lerche- Sondre Lerche and Cults- Cults

Also, on Spinner Listening Party you can listen to the first united album of  hopefully many from the married couple Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks now known as Tedeschi Trucks Band!!! It sounds great.

Pics from the show:

The singers doing there thing.

Raphael Saadiq in his green suit with matching dress shoes.

Jessie and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment