Monday, September 26, 2011

Music Monday: Wedding Edition

This past weekend I have the privilege of being in one amazing wedding! My two friends got married in one grand, epic, legendary wedding!!!! I had an awesome time and am still feeling the effects of a four day wedding blitz. (I can barely lift my arms right now.)

In honor of their marriage I made them a little mix CD to help them in this new stage of their relationship. So below is my Baby Makin Mix especially for the newlyweds.

  1. Let's Get it On- Marvin Gaye (This is the quintessential first song to any CD of this nature.)
  2. Can't Get Enough of Your Love- Barry White
  3. My Love- Justin Timberlake (The Bride loves this song)
  4. Giving Him Something He Can Feel- Ev Vogue
  5. I Wanna Sex You Up- Color Me Badd (pretty self explanatory why this is on here)
  6. Red Light Special- TLC
  7. I'll Make Love to You- Boys II Men (Because what would any love makin CD be with out Boys II Men??)
  8. Rock the Boat- Aaliah (So yeah, the 90's R&B scene is the best to pull from....lots of options as you can see.)
  9. Sexual Healing- Marvin Gaye (I was asked a few times if there was any Marvin Gaye on this CD. My answer: "Of Course! He is on there twice!")
  10. A Natural Women- Aretha Franklin
  11. I Only Have Eyes for You- The Flamingos (Because you need some romance on these CDs too)
  12. Turn Me On- Norah Jones
  13. Put Your Head on My Shoulder- Michael Buble (they are Buble fans...aren't we all?)
  14. These Arms of Mine- Otis Reddin (He is right after Marvin and Boys II Men as a must have)
  15. At Last- Etta James (Not only a great love song but the Brides favorite)
  16. Hold On- Michael Buble (Their first dance...great choice)
  17. I Just Had Sex- The Lonley Island feat. Akon (Not only because of the title but also because it was an ongoing joke that we were going to have this played at different times the day after the wedding...we are so funny!)
So there is my CD just for the newlyweds. Maybe, if you are lucky (and I know you) you will get a personalized one on your wedding day too! (although the first song is not changing!)


Tommorrow's New Music:
  • Dominant Legs- Invitation: I have been waiting for a full length or a least nationally distributed CD from them and am so excited there will be one tomorrow! It sounds pretty awesome and a little 80's reminicent, which I love, so go and check them out!
  • Blink-182- Neighborhoods 
  • Matthew Sweet- Modern Art: Sadly no Hoffs on this one :(
  • Wilco- The Whole Love
  • Chickenfoot- Chickenfoot III: A lot of guys like this band....a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment