Thursday, October 13, 2011

High Heel Initiative

I want to be one of those girls who wears heels...regularly. The problem is I do not, and they hurt my feet. Inspired by Kate's awesome style, my increasingly great shoe collection and my friends wedding where after 10 minutes wearing a 2" heel I wanted to die and my feet hurt for 2 days after, I have decided to make a change. I read this article 2 days after the wedding about heel hangovers and one of the tips they gave was to wear medium heels regularly (about 5 days a week) and after a day of the super high ones wear flats. I thought I could try and do this. So the High Heel Initiative was born! Last Wednesday, however was the fiorst time I actually followed through and wore heels to work. Since then I have only worn flats 2 days! Oh, the best part is so far my feet have only hurt once, and it was just a little! I have also gotten tons of compliments on the shoes, some that I have had since college and never worn to work...or anywhere in the last few years. My new shoes are working out great too, most are pretty comfortable and they look good. If I keep this up I hope that not only will my posture and style improve, but that by Christmas time I can whip out my sweet Christmas shoes for parties and not keep asking to leave early due to the pain below the ankles.

It will be hard to keep this in D.C. next week...maybe I will only pack heels? No, that sounds like bad idea. Are there any new initiatives you are trying? Let me know, especially if it has a fantastic code name.

No comments:

Post a Comment