Monday, October 10, 2011

Music Monday: Finders Haul

I keep a  list of CDs I want in my e-mail so I can access it anywhere and if printed would be a few pages long. Once I get some thing I highlight it and then eventually delete it. That list will always be long, very long, but the list of CDs I want NOW is usually much shorter. Like one CD that I cannot get out of my head and maybe one more that comes out soon that I am pumped for and playing out their singles online. This past week that list started to grow to 6 or 7 and I decided it was time to use up all of those credit card rewards I had sitting there and go to Finders. Here is what I got:


Pretty awesome huh? I got to keep adding stuff, and adding stuff, and then with the coupons they are giving out I got to add a few more! Sweet. I haven't had a music haul like this since I left Finders and went CRAZY. (That was much much larger but since then it has been purchasing 1-3 here and there) I got almost every CD on my immediate obsession list and quite a few that have been on the longer list for a few years. The first CD I listened to in the car was Foster the People, and in case you haven't heard them yet, they are great.

On a related note- I left thinking "with all this new music I don't feel tempted to listed to Christmas Music AT ALL. I could probably make it to December!" And then today this showed up in my inbox. Yeah thats right, a preview track for She & Him's Christmas Album. I still like The Letterman's version of this song a lot more but this has not dampened my excitement for this album at all- it just made me want to listen to Letterman's Christmas CD. Aww dang.



New Releases for tomorrow some may be interested in:
  • Paul Simon- Songwriter- this is a collection of songs chosen by Paul who has always considered himself a songwriter first, and I would consider him a pretty amazing one at that. AOL creatively put "Sounds like: Simon and Garfunkel" No really?
  • Marketa Irglova- Anar- She is the girl from Once and Swell Season. Should be pretty nice.
  • William Shatner- Seeking Major Tom- I have no clue what this is but I thought you should know that William Shatner has a CD out called Seeking Major Tom...maybe it will be all Bowie covers? Who knows.
  • Ryan Adams Ashes & Fire
  • Mayer Hawthorne- How Do You Do- YAY! If this is anything like his last one it is some great, full and fun music...get excited!
  • Evanescence- Evanescence

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture! Yeah, I could pick out almost all of those from the cards, figuring that's what you bought! Sorry I missed you for the Finders' Sweep! I'm excited for for Marketa Irglova's album too....I'll probably buy tomorrow, and you should know better than to say new stuff is going to hold you over until Christmas time. PS- I can't wait to tell you about my Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete