Monday, March 12, 2012

Music Monday: 2011 Mix

With Lent going on, and me giving up spending, I have not acquired any new music. (Good thing I have a well stocked "store" to shop of CDs that have not been officially added to the organized and awesomely displayed collection) Which means not a lot of new music to talk about. But today I realized I have not posted my 2011 Mix yet!! As you may know I take my mix CDs very seriously. Even the actual CD and packaging are important to me. (See the sweet CDs I used here!) I worked very hard on my 2011 mix and I happen to think it is quite amazing! The year end mix is music that was discovered, enjoyed, or overly played during the year (get ready for an all Kimbra 2012 CD!) and maybe even some songs that remind you of events that happened that year.


So with out further ado here is my 2011 Mix-tape:

  1. Oohs and Ahhs - NEEDTOBREATHE
  2. Little Secrets - Passion Pit
  3. Young at Love and Life - Dominant Legs
  4. Lover to Lover - Florence + the Machine
  5. Our Deal - Best Coast
  6. You Know What I Mean - Cults
  7. Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad? - Derek and the Dominoes
  8. Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney
  9. Pumped Up Kicks (live) - Foster the People
  10. Ohh La La - The Faces
  11. Big Me - Foo Fighters
  12. One Day - Matisyahu
  13. WHALE - Yellow Ostrich
  14. Up Up Up - GIVERS
  15. French Navy - Camera Obscura
  16. Sukie in the Graveyard - Belle & Sebastian
  17. "Learningalilgivinanlovin" - Gotye
  18. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
  19. Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
  20. Warrant - Foster the People
  21. Bonus 1: My Man - Glee (even though I have mixed feelings of this show, I had to include some Bway since I went this year and she can kill some Barbara)
  22. Bonus 2: Zebra Cover - PS22

There you have it! What do you think? Put these songs together (in this order) and tell me if you like it. I love hearing peoples opinions on my mixes. If you followed my blog you would have expected quite a few of the artists included like Cults, Best Coast, Paul McCartney and PS22. Oh, and the Goyte song was on there way before the Kimbrasposion of 2012. Which speaking of Kimbra...BIG NEWS!! U.S. RELEASE DATE SET FOR KIMBRA'S ALBUM!! MAY 22ND!!! SOOO EXCITED!! Oh, and did I mention I have tickets to see her in June!! (Insert celebratory sounds like Amy Pholer here!) I WILL MEET HER. Check out another song already in the running for my 2012 mix below because once I post this my post on Kimbra will drop off the main page- and that is just not right.


(BTW, the videos have gone from a few thousand views when I first started watching them to millions...not saying I had a huge hand in that, but I like to think I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment