Monday, September 03, 2012

Back to School

Yep...school starts tomorrow...deep breaths.

First- I am in KY now and was greeted by this:


I am in the South now. Besides the accent and hearing y'all about 10 times on my first day the move went well. I only brought down one car load then bought the extra things needed down here. On my way to do this I discovered many awesome places that kept the song from Annie running through my head. "I think I'm gonna like it here!" Here are some of the places within 20 min of me now: Target, Kroger, Jimmy Johns, Qdoba, Captain D's, Sonic, Chik-Fil-A, and when I got to the mall there was a J. Crew and an APPLE STORE!! What what! I feel like I am back in civilization now! That is when I drive about 10 min...there is not anything within the "city" limits.

Another positive of the move is the new rooms: very spacious, laminate wood floors, large closets and lots of storage space. Even better then the room set up however is the fact that I am not using all the storage! I have slimmed the possessions down so it is just wide open, uncluttered space! I have started a bedtime routine where I put everything that has a place away before bed with the hopes that this will not only keep my room clean and beautiful but that it will become a habit before the craziness of school kicks in. (I have been reading the Joy of Less this month and am loving the first section about Philosophy...I will be rereading this regularly. I highly recommend it. It is easy to read and convicting when you need to feel the urge to purge.)

Now onto school...I am SUPER nervous. I was going stir crazy this weekend just wanting it to start already because I was getting so anxious. See in undergrad I did not have to work super hard to get a 4.0 because school comes pretty naturally to me so just a little effort goes a long way. I have a feeling this will be vary different and I am getting nervous on whether or not I can hack it. The second reason for this feeling is the fact that it is almost exclusively reading and writing- my two weakest areas. I have never been gifted in the area of writing and my papers start to get real sketchy when they are longer than 3 pages. The Reading? During orientation a professor said that the average will be about 400 pages of reading per day..WHAT!?! Today I literally fell asleep reading 5 pages...5. This is going to be rough. I may be investing a large chuck of change in getting a comfortable but non reclining chair because reading on the bed will NOT work.

So, classes start in less then 12 hours and I have high hopes for my personal growth and development while I am here and am sweating (literally) the school aspect of this whole thing. Pray for me. If I am not completely swamped with work or, the much more likely, if I am procrastinating my mounds of work I will try and keep you updated a little better...but we'll see....no guarantees.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You will do great things, I know it! In the meantime, I'll be praying for you to keep those peepers open for reading and for your brain to be as sponge-like as possible.

    Woohoo! to finding great things 20 miles away! XO

    ReplyDelete