Thursday, September 15, 2011

I love mail...and music

So I have been getting a lot of mail lately- which is awesome!! Coupons, catalogs, invites, of course junk mail, and LOTS of packages!! Most of these packages are from my online shopping for said invites, my never ending search for a nice dress and nude heels and work stuff. Yesterday I got a package that I assumed was the latest pair of nude heels (I did end up getting those latter that night and once again they are a no go..boo). I took the box downstairs and opened it up and saw a bunch of brown paper and the Led Zeppelin box set. I was real confused. I knew what box set it is before I even finished opening the box since I used to work at the coolest independent record store ever Finders, and I had got it for my brother when it came out. All I was thinking was, "Why would anyone from Finders be sending me this?" Wait it is not from Finders. "Why would my brother want a second copy?" Not his...although it turns out he does want a second copy. "How is this mine?" After further inspection...and more confusion...I finally figured it out.

A couple months ago I pledged to support a movie on Kickster that Colin Hanks was making about Tower Records. Now, I never grew up with a Tower Records near by but I do support record stores-hence my dream job growing up being working at an awesome record store. I also like Colin Hanks. He was great in Orange County, The Good Guys etc. and he is so much like his dad in so many awesome ways that I keep telling my brother that if Tom ever retires we already have someone to take his place. So anyway, I supported the movie and this box of goodies is my thank you!


One thing that added to the confusion is I thought it was supposed to be 5 albums (vinyl) and was really disappointed to see CDs...but after I looked through everything (and stopped being ridiculous) I am super excited about it! There are two CDs from artists I do not own anything by: INXS and Lead Belly. But both are on my running list of things to check out and buy. Then we have, as already mentioned, the Led Zeppelin box set that contains every one of their albums. I own nothing of theirs either, but again, they are on that list and they are Led Zeppelin sooo, awesome. Finally there were 3 vinyl albums: Ramones- Rocket to Russia, Milt Jackson and Coleman Hawkins- Bean Bags, and Prince- 1999. Really this could not have worked out much better! I have some Prince vinyl, but not 1999, and I would have never thought to buy Ramones on vinyl but I love them! Plus I am a fan of some good Jazz so I will give Bean Bags a listen.

All in all I say this is the best package I have received in the mail since my surprise snapfish book from Jessie. So if anyone wants to send me music grab bags of awesome go ahead! Man, I do love the mail.

(Music grab bags would be an awesome thing to exchange through the mail...hmmm. Anyone interested?)

No comments:

Post a Comment