Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday

So today is Good Friday which signals the end of Lent. Lent has been rough, but fun, and interesting. How did I do on my Lenten fasts and goals? Eh...so so. The spending fast went well with only 1 and 1/2 slip ups. How did the discipline go? Ugh discipline is hard. After being sick for a week, job busyness and watching one of my teens why her parents were out of the country my progress that I made has totally be undone. But even though Lent is ending, and I already have a list of things I will be buying like a haircut and a dress for the Kimbra concert, I am going to still try to train myself in discipline. I will be reminding myself of this constantly: "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (Hebrews 12:11) It is true- it is painful and it sucks but I want the good things it brings so I am going to continue to try.

A twitter depiction of the story of Jesus I found:


HAPPY EASTER!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the verse! A great one to think on. Happy Easter, friend!

    ReplyDelete