Monday, April 23, 2012

Record Store Day Round-Up

Record Store Day was AWESOME!! (of course) With the exception of the lack of sleep, I had a great time. I woke up early, made the trip up to BG with my brother, waited out in the cold for a few min, got "Tebowie" and Florence + the Machine, saw Laura, spent money and then spent some more. What did I get? All this:


These were all the freebie! Highlights included Florence 7", M. Ward notebook and poster, sample CDs, Shins EP and some fans that I think I might take to the festival this weekend. Also a few sweet reusable bags! I also bought a few CDs:


I took home the new M. Ward, Florence + the Machine Unplugged, (deluxe version with the DVD that I did not know existed until I got home and opened it! Thanks Finders for the hook up!) Of Monsters and Men, Grouplove, Aretha Franklin The Queen in Waiting (basically), Ryan Monteblu Band, Asteroid Galaxy Tour, Delta Spirit, La Sera (those last two were recommended to me so I went for it) and then the Record Store Day Exclusives Civil Wars live CD and KIMBRA EP!!! (It was great to finally have a few Kimbra songs in my car.)


This is the first Kimbra purchase (besides concert tickets) I have made. Looking at the track listing it looks like one of my favorite songs "Call Me" got cut from the U.S. release but will be available on iTunes deluxe version. If you cannot just buy that song then there is 2 more Kimbra purchases, plus vinyl if available, something from the concert, and her Christmas CD!! (Putting it out there like the secret. I never read that book, but I think that is how it works. You say something as if it is true then the internet and rumor mill takes over until it is true, right?)

After checking out the first time and only having a few records I decided I needed to get into the Record Store Day Spirit and splurged on a few more. I mean it was Record Store Day I need to get more that one thing on vinyl!!


I picked out the new Shins and then the only other Shins album I did not have. As for Record Store Day Exclusives I was able to get Graceland, Paul McCartney (2 songs from Ram being re-released this summer- take that mom), Foster the People, Florence + the Machine, Of Monsters and Men and feeding my Fallon obsession- Tebowie!!

I hope everyone else had a successful day! Until next year- Happy Record Store Day 2012!!

2 comments:

  1. Twas a super fun day! I'm so glad you could come up! Great pictures!! I ended up getting Graceland too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I declared last Saturday as my "record store day" and bought Of Monsters and Men, Justin Townes Earle, M Ward and Andrew Bird on CD at my work home record store. Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete