Monday, May 07, 2012

Sweetlife 2012


Two weeks ago, while on vacation with my fam, I went to the Sweetlife festival in D.C. with Cece. Here were some highlights: (Which means no talk of food because we stayed put in our awesome seats for most of it and it was really expensive. Also, no pics of A$AP ROCKY who was horrible...it is like putting a "$" in your name is a curse or something.)


We got there a little late, then had to wait in the will call line, so we missed most of fun.'s set. It was disappointing because in the will call line (and when we finally got to see them) they sounded awesome and seemed to be putting on a great show. I think they just made it on my "Live list", or the running list of people i want to see in concert.


I have no clue who these two are. They played in-between the horrid A$AP set and before Fitz but were not on the official set list. It was a DJ with her Mac and turntables and a violinist shredding her bow in an awesome combination that I would actually want to see again (I am not a huge D.J. concert fan). I wish I knew who they were, cuz they were cool.


Fitz and the Tantrums put on one amazing and energetic show (just as I expected). They knew how to get the crowd going, how to perform, how to dance and with their music being great in the first place it made for a fun show that defiantly won the crowd over. (Including Cece) I would recommend everyone go and see their live show- it is a great time.



Finally- there was the Shins. Even though I already have tickets to see them in June I was really looking forward to them. They did not disappoint. They sounded great and played the hits, and by hits I mean the songs I like...which is just about all of them.


Performance wise they were as I expected them to be-classic band performance with no dancing, crowd hyping, guitar smashing or stage dives. They just went up there and played, talked to the audience some, but the focus was defiantly on the music and fitting a ton into their hour and fifteen. I am excited to see them again with Jenah because their music is amazing and I could listen to them everyday. (Also quick shout out to the new girl in the Shins- she looked awesome and sounded awesome too. Girl Power! Sorry...there was a Spice Girl reference in New Girl so it has been coming up a lot this week.)


2 comments:

  1. I want to go to a concert with you :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to work that out! Florence is adding more dates for the fall?!?

      Delete