Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Voice, fantasy league update!

"This is the Voice!!" I am loving the voice! Here are some of my thoughts on this season of the only singing competition I watch (except for the occasional Singing Bee episode)

Cee Lo, or Mandy Moore?
It looks like Cee Lo, talks like Cee Lo, even pets a cat like Cee Lo. However, this "Cee Lo" puts together hit or miss (but mostly mediocre) performances all to the Time Life collection of 80's hits....hmm. Sound like someone you know from the best competition show ever- So You Think You Can Dance?? Yep, Mandy Moore. I do not know what these two were up to from 1980-1989 but it sure made a huge impact on their professional lives giving them neon 80's tunnel vision. The other problem with Cee Lo's coaching is he set up half of his team to fail in the battle rounds-including my guy Jamie Lono- I do not support that at all. (FYI SYTYCD starts May 23rd!! Day after Kimbra release! Going to be a great week!)

Erin Martin, annoying.
When she sang her first song I thought- eh. She sounded like a bad Bjork impersonator and Ellie Goulding impersonator (more on her later) smashed together. I was not a fan...neither were the judges for the most part. When it came time for the battle rounds, Cee Lo set the Sheild brothers up to fail but they were actually impressive- however Green went with his other brain to pick the winner. She should be thankful she made it to the live rounds at all, but NO she is complaining that her coach ruined her chances. Hello, he gave you your chances! She wanted to sing Billie Holiday- thank you for stopping that atrocity Cee Lo. She prided herself in the press after her elimination on her two "unique" song choices...oh wait...was that not a cover of "Your Song" in the exact styling on Ellie Goulding?? Yes- except that she pretty much sucked at it. You can ask my brother how upset I got after the second note she sang. You decide:


My heart hurts...
This show has a great talent for getting me so attached to people by the battle rounds that I am sad almost every time someone goes home. I don't know who to root for! Sometimes I even end up supporting someone who is up against someone on my team because of these story vignettes. Especially my two favorite boys: Jamie Lono and Anthony Evans. It still makes me sad to think about.Don't get me started, don't even get me started. I hope they continue to sing and eventually put out a record because I will buy them both!

Fantasy Voice League Beta is a winner!
There are still a few things to iron out but all in all the fantasy voice league is pretty awesome! We started out with teams of 12, after battle rounds were down to 6, and after 1 week of live shows we were down to four (so right along with the actual teams). We have turned our back on some and embraced others. We both started this week with 3 people we really liked (both had 2 on the same team) and one that we knew would not survive the next round. Surprise- Jesse went home! WHAT? I did not see that coming. But I have my two girls left to hopefully take me to the top! Fantasy Voice League is the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment